Senior Systems Administrator (1-year contract)
Reporting to the Information Technologies Manager, the Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for managing infrastructure hardware and software,
Roles and responsibilities
- Design, implement and manage enterprise storage system environments for corporate use.
- Design, implement and manage VMware and Hyper-V virtual infrastructures.
- Participate in the design, implementation and management of Microsoft Active Directory environments including all supporting infrastructure services.
- Implement and manage application servers from multiple vendors.
- Participate in the design, implementation and management of business continuity programs required for corporate IT systems.
- Provide advanced technical support for both internal and external clients.
- Provide technical coaching for other employees and ensure that knowledge transfer occurs within the IT group in a timely manner for the proper support of IT systems.
- Ensure the necessary support instructions and documentation are provided to corporate IT Service Desk to support systems and end-users.
- Test and deploy upgrades to the servers.
- Ensure the proper documentation of corporate IT server \ storage infrastructure is created and maintained.
- Create, implement and maintain the tools and scripts necessary to properly support the corporate IT environment.
- Participate in any applicable internal corporate information security initiatives.
Skills and Abilities
- Proactively assists other IT personnel in the diagnosis and remediation of problems.
- Views work from the customer’s perspective.
- Identifies unexpressed customer needs and potential needs and how those needs can be met.
- Assists IT manager in detailing and clarifying project requirements.
- Uses the provided software tools efficiently to track issue progress.
- Uses internal customer knowledge and feedback to improve own work results.
- Prioritizes work in alignment with the needs of the customer.
- Addresses gaps in the work group’s ability to meet emerging customer needs.
- Builds strong working relationships with all customers.
- Follows established processes.
- Is efficient with the use of tools provided by the department.
- Demonstrates an appropriate sense of urgency in all aspects of work.
- Perform assigned regular maintenance tasks without fail.
- Accepts responsibility for the outcomes of own work.
- Demonstrates high personal work standards.
- Takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
- Overcomes difficult obstacles that interfere with getting his/her work done.
- Follows up with customer after service to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Produce accurate and consistent documentation.
- Anticipates and plans for potential sources of problems.
- Identifies a number of solutions and weighs the value of each to improve results.
- Analyzes situations on an ongoing basis to improve own performance.
- When faced with difficulties or changes, re-addresses the situation in order to persevere.
- Capable of handling multiple, complex, and paradoxical situations.
- Is able to prioritize the various tasks assigned, to satisfy internal and external customer exigencies.
- Deals with difficult customers in an effective manner
- Is able to explain project and task constraints to customers and obtain buy-in \ understanding.
- Deals with others in a respectful, business like way.
- Projects a professional image when dealing with others that reflects well on the department \ company.
- Is able to break down complex problems into manageable parts.
- Is able to identify issues outside of personal expertise and implicate the correct resources.
- Provides solutions that deal with the root problem and provide long term resolution.
- Generates new and creative ideas concerning solutions to problems, improved work methods, etc.
- Rethinks existing situations to create new solutions and improve services to end users.
- Review solutions/designs of other teams and provide technical advices.
- Honor the values of the company.
Qualifications and experience
- Completed IT diploma (Bachelor, DEC or AEC)
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience
- Ability to work in a team or autonomously
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and highly developed sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills in French and English (spoken and written).
Advanced knowledge of:
- Microsoft Enterprise server applications such as Active Directory, IIS, Exchange, and SQL Server.
- Microsoft Windows Server OS
- Microsoft SQL Database
- VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization software
- Enterprise Server and Storage solutions from major vendors (HP, Lenovo, IBM)
- Microsoft PowerShell
Does this career opportunity interest you? Please send your resume to the following address: CareersMTL@ultra-ft.com. Please specify the Job title in the Subject box of your e-mail. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, we promote equal opportunity and we are committed to promoting fair and equitable representation of women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
** In this document, terms used to refer to persons are taken in the generic sense; they have both a feminine and a masculine value. **
Abonnieren Sie unseren Blog