Production Test Technician
Reporting to the Team Lead, Production, the Production Test Technician is responsible for building, imaging and testing production systems and troubleshooting at both system and equipment level.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assemble computers, servers and 42U cabinets
- Installs and configures software using internal images in accordance with work instructions and standards
- Performs set-up, calibration and test, of TRAX equipment – proficient on all equipment
- Troubleshoots TRAX equipment proficient on at least 3 out of BRX, BUX, MPP, DCX and CS)
- Inspects assemblies or computer systems prepared by others
- May analyze and repair computer systems
- Gives guidance to other team members, particularly in troubleshooting
- Ensures that the products of Ultra Forensic Technology meet specifications and quality standards
- Works in accordance with the objectives of the Supply Chain and Production department
- Follows work instructions and use tools, test equipment and diagnostic procedures as directed
- Develops a good working knowledge of Ultra Forensic Technology’s products, test equipment and production documentation
- Reports work status, problems and any inconsistency in documentation to the Team Lead, Production
- Supports other team members as required
- May be required to support packing on occasion
- May be required to work with other departments on occasion
- Complies with safety and security requirements
- Maintains a clean and well organized workplace
Qualifications and experience
- DEC Electro-technology or similar
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience very similar to that within the production team at Ultra Forensic Technology
- Good analytical problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of electromechanical products, test equipment and mechanical drawings
- Knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals
- Knowledge of Windows software for workstations and servers
- Understanding of basic electronics and control systems which supports the ability to troubleshoot
- Good communication skills
- Bilingual, verbal and written (English and French).
Does this career opportunity interest you?
Please send your resume to the following address: CareersMTL@ultra-ft.com. Please specify the Job title in the Subject box of your e-mail. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, we promote equal opportunity and we are committed to promoting fair and equitable representation of women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Subscribe to our blog