Reporting to the Manager of the Research and Prototyping group, within the Manufacturing, Innovation, and Third Line Support (M.I.T.) Department, the Scientist innovates, enhances and supports automation and vision system technologies for various applications in forensic science.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Master and provide scientific support to existing proprietary technologies and algorithms;
- Propose new solutions and improvements by using a scientific method to evaluate potential new technologies and algorithmic techniques;
- Investigate high potential solutions through the research and development of prototypes;
- Work with development and software teams to implement chosen solutions;
- Develop tools and provide support to ensure the quality production of developed solutions and their maintenance in the field;
- Maintain a quality computer code;
- Ensure excellent scientific and technical competence through continual learning;
- Write scientific reports and maintain detailed documentation of research work;
- Share knowledge within the group and to other groups or departments.
- Fluency in English and French, both spoken and written;
- Technical and scientific writing skills;
- Excellent team player;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering physics, physics or equivalent);
- Master’s or Doctorate degree (related to vision systems, image processing or engineering), an asset;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a similar role or position;
- Programming and development of algorithms in C/C++ or interpreted language (Python, IDL, Matlab or equivalent), an asset;
- Experience in protype development, an asset;
- Experience in automation and vision systems, an asset;
- Experience in image processing, an asset;
- Knowledge of optical systems and their components, an asset.
In this document, terms used to refer to persons are taken in the generic sense; they have both a feminine and a masculine value.
As an employer, we promote equal opportunity and we are committed to promoting fair and equitable representation of women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Does this career opportunity interest you? Please send your resume to the following address: CareersMTL@ultra-ft.com. Please specify the Job title in the Subject box of your e-mail. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Subscribe to our blog