Service Desk Agent
Reporting to the Information Technologies Team Lead, the Service Desk Agent is primarily involved in providing support to corporate users in local and remote offices, largely using Windows based systems. The Service Desk Agent is also responsible for supporting various end-user and server-based applications as well as supporting, configuring and installing end-user workstations and peripherals.
Roles and responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact on the service desk, resolve service desk incidents with the appropriate prioritization and urgency.
- Create and maintain corporate active directory user, computer and group accounts.
- Using SCCM and related technologies to deploy the necessary OS and application installation packages for corporate computers.
- Maintain corporate asset inventory.
- Assist in the selection and testing of hardware and software required to address end-of-life issues as well as new initiatives.
- Software installation and troubleshooting.
- Provide training to end-users on application and hardware use.
- Produce and maintain knowledgebase documentation necessary for the effective support of the corporate end-user.
Skills and Abilities
- Proactively assists other IT personnel in the diagnosis and remediation of problems.
- Views work from the customer’s perspective.
- Uses the provided software tools efficiently to track issue progress.
- Uses internal customer knowledge and feedback to improve own work results.
- Prioritizes work in alignment with the needs of the customer.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with all customers.
- Taking initiative and ownership of tasks without being asked and following through to completion.
- Follows established processes.
- Demonstrates efficiency with the use of tools provided by the department.
- Pursues individual learning opportunities.
- Proactively seeks developmental feedback and focuses on developing relevant capabilities.
- Demonstrates the necessary sense of urgency in all aspects of work.
- Perform assigned regular maintenance tasks with success.
- Accepts responsibility for the outcomes of own work.
- Demonstrates high personal work standards.
- Follows up with customer after service to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Ensures that all details of work have been completed before handing off or closing ticket.
- Produces accurate and consistent documentation.
- Anticipates and plans for potential sources of problems.
- Identifies several solutions and weighs the value of each to improve results.
- When faced with difficulties or changes, re-addresses the situation in order to persevere.
- Capable of handling multiple, complex, and paradoxical situations.
- Prioritize the various tasks assigned to satisfy internal and external customer expectations.
- Demonstrate excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates respect, integrity, honesty and tact in all interactions.
- Can explain project and task constraints to customers and obtain buy-in/ understanding.
- Identify issues outside of personal expertise, research a solution and/or identify the correct internal resources to help
- Provide solutions to deal with a root problem and propose a long-term resolution.
- Honor the values and guidelines of the company.
Qualifications and experience
- Completed College diploma in computers / networking
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in an IT support center environment
- Ability to work in a team and with inexperienced users
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills in French and English (spoken and written)
Does this career opportunity interest you? Please send your resume to the following address: CareersMTL@ultra-ft.com. Please specify the Job title in the Subject box of your e-mail. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, we promote equal opportunity and we are committed to promoting fair and equitable representation of women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
** In this document, terms used to refer to persons are taken in the generic sense; they have both a feminine and a masculine value. **