How it works
- IBIS uses specialized 3D microscopy to capture the unique marks left by firearms on fired bullets and cartridge cases.
- An IBIS solution can start with one location and can extend to multiple sites, all contributing seamlessly within an integrated network.
- IBIS makes it possible for agencies to collaborate across jurisdictions, both within a national program and internationally.
- IBIS uses powerful algorithms to reveal the most likely matches within IBIS networks representing millions of bullets and cartridge cases.
- High-definition 3D viewing makes it easy to review the top search results, ranked by similarity, by using virtual microscopy to visually compare surface details.
- A match found in IBIS is often sufficiently apparent to provide an investigative lead, without having access to the physical evidence.
- If required for court testimony, an IBIS match can be formally confirmed by a firearm examiner.