Content Marketing Specialist
As the company’s chief storyteller reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager – Go-To-Market, the Content Marketing Specialist will be responsible to produce all the company’s market-facing written communications, in line with the positioning and messaging direction, and in accordance to the media/channel characteristics and constraints.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Writes market-facing content for the company’s various online and digital channels such as (but not limited to) Website, social media platforms, blog, email campaigns, etc.;
• Produces written content for traditional marketing assets such as (but not limited to) brochures, presentations, banners, printed and digital collaterals, whitepapers, trade articles, newsletters, customer case studies, etc.;
• Collaborates with company’s stakeholders to understand the desired positioning and messaging angle, and crafts focused copy and engaging stories that inform readers and generate interest from customers;
• Develops and executes communication strategies and tactics for using social media and other digital marketing channels;
• Collaborates with Senior Marketing Manager (Go-To-Market) to craft and execute social media strategies and tactics across multiple social media platforms (including, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube);
• Collaborates with marketing peers to produce/prepare multimedia-focused content such as (but not limited to) storyboards, dialogues and texts to be narrated, demo scripts, etc.;
• Ensures consistent use of positioning, message and lexicon across the spectrum of communication assets and channels;
• Understands and leverages personas (technical, professional, economic) involved in the use, purchase and/or promotion of the company’s products and services, and aligns all written content with the intended personas’ characteristics and expectations;
• Identifies, develops and/or responds to media contacts, prepares material for press and media distribution, and monitors resulting media coverage.;
• Demonstrates Ultra ASPIRE values (Agile, Sharing, Performing, Innovating, Rewarding, Empowering).
• Outstanding written communication (English as prime language);
• Functionally bilingual (French and English);
• Curious and willing to learn about – and stay current with – the fascinating domain of firearm forensics;
• Technology-savvy (office productivity and communication tools) and proficient in the use of social media tools;
• Solid understanding of social media and the digital landscape; and must be passionate about a quickly evolving social/digital media environment and able to stay in the know on trends, new social/digital capabilities;
• Highly organized, self-motivated, adept at managing change and priorities with an ability to work under tight deadlines and to quickly adjust to unforeseen changes in priorities and workload;
• Excellent team player and customer focus;
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Experience
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism (or a related field);
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a marketing-communication role with hands-on experience in copywriting
• At least 2-3 years of hands-on experience in the field of social media and/or digital marketing, with specific experience dedicated to developing and executing social media and content-marketing strategies;
• Experience in high-technology field strongly desired;
• Must have a solid portfolio of past work (samples).
In this document, terms used to refer to persons are taken in the generic sense; they have both a feminine and a masculine value.
As an employer, we promote equal opportunity and we are committed to promoting fair and equitable representation of women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. Does this career opportunity interest you? Please send your resume to the following address: CareersMTL@ultra-ft.com. Please specify the Job title in the Subject box of your e-mail. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Subscribe to our blog