The fastest, most accurate way to acquire cartridge case evidence
The BRASSTRAX acquisition station enables entry of cartridge case information onto an IBIS network. BRASSTRAX captures high-resolution 2D images and precise 3D topographic information of significant regions of interest. This includes the breech face and firing pin impressions on the primer and ejector mark for centerfire cartridge cases. For rimfire cartridge cases, the firing pin impression is captured. A detailed reference image of the complete head is also captured.
Most of the acquisition process is fully automated to minimize user input and reduce operator variability. Automation of image focus, image lighting, and region of interest outlining, ensures consistent image quality for visualization and uniformity for optimal comparisons.
- Automated flowback and washout detection
- Automated self-test and adjustment
- Hands-off operation allows multitasking
- Multiple magnification levels
- Full range of calibers: .17 to .50 and from .410 bore to 10-gauge for shot shells
- Detailed online help and user guides
- Multiple light sources, including a patented ring light