IBIS® (Integrated Ballistic Identification System) enables the sharing and comparison of significant quantities of exhibit information and images across a network of imaging sites, as well as the automated identification of likely matching bullets or cartridge cases.
IBIS is the world’s leading automated ballistic identification solution
Global presence – 1,400 IBIS stations installed in over 80 countries
New subscription service - IBIS ACCESS
IBIS® ACCESSTM—our new and affordable option—offers the latest IBIS technology as a subscription service.
As a viable alternative to equipment purchase, IBIS ACCESS makes our leading ballistic identification solution more accessible.
- Designed for lower budgets, an annual subscription fee is charged only on the volume of evidence processed as it comes in.
- Eliminates the need to buy expensive lab equipment, handle complicated setup, and maintain complex computing systems.
- No hassles when equipment becomes obsolete.
- A complete turnkey solution that includes shipping, installation, employee training, warranty, and 24/7 support.
- Under the ACCESS subscription contract, agencies can select the hardware equipment required to image cartridge cases and bullets and have it installed at their premises.
- Agencies can then choose one of the flexible usage plans that aligns with their operational needs and their budget.
- The acquired images and relevant data can then be securely stored on hosted servers, where the data will be processed and the results will be sent back to the agency’s analysis station.
- The results received at the analysis station can be reviewed and used to identify matches.
- IBIS® BRASSTRAXTM and IBIS® BULLETTRAXTM acquisition packages include a specific number of acquisitions for the contract period1.
- IBIS® MATCHPOINTTM analysis station needs to be included in the subscription to review the correlation results done on the corresponding BRASSTRAX or BULLETTRAX2.
- Subscription includes shipping, installation, training, customer support, and warranty3.
- As an option, agencies can subscribe to the hosted infrastructure to store, process, and correlate their acquired data. Various data packages are available to suit the agency’s needs4.
- Subscribing customers will receive software and hardware5 upgrades to ensure that they have the latest IBIS technology.
Benefits of the subscription solution
Streamlined annual subscription payments
Robust data redundancy, availability, and failover
Some of the procurement challenges overcome through IBIS ACCESS
Receiving actionable intelligence from the timely processing of ballistic evidence is critical for law enforcement. IBIS ACCESS offers flexible options to overcome some of the challenges when procuring a ballistic identification solution.
Purchase or subscription?
|Hardware upgrades||Included5||Purchased separately|
|Acquisition/correlation volume||As per package||Unlimited|
|Equipment ownership||Ultra Forensic Technology||Agency|
- Agencies can subscribe to more than one hardware
- Separate MATCHPOINT software is needed for bullets and cartridge cases
- A one-time setup fee will be charged to cover shipping and installation costs
- Existing IBIS customers can choose to utilize their existing IBIS infrastructure for data storage and processing
- Hardware will be eligible for refresh at the end of a 7-year active contract