The IBIS® Solution – Integrated Ballistic Identification System
IBIS is a technological weapon in the fight against gun violence. The IBIS search engine extends the capabilities of law enforcement agencies to quickly find links between firearm-related crimes.
How it works
- IBIS uses specialized 3D microscopy to capture the unique marks left by firearms on fired bullets and cartridge cases.
- An IBIS solution can start with one location and can extend to multiple sites, all contributing seamlessly within an integrated network.
- IBIS makes it possible for agencies to collaborate across jurisdictions, both within a national program and internationally.
- IBIS uses powerful algorithms to reveal the most likely matches within IBIS networks representing millions of bullets and cartridge cases.
- High-definition 3D viewing makes it easy to review the top search results, ranked by similarity, by using virtual microscopy to visually compare surface details.
- A match found in IBIS is often sufficiently apparent to provide an investigative lead, without having access to the physical evidence.
- If required for court testimony, an IBIS match can be formally confirmed by a firearm examiner.
Need to get in touch?
Request Product Demo / Information
Thank you for your enquiry. One of our team will respond shortly.
Sorry, it seems there was an error submitting your form. Please contact us at [email protected] where our team will be happy to assist with your enquiry.
The IBIS® Solution
Cutting-edge Technology Helps Solve Canadian Gun Crime
08 March 2023
The IBIS® Solution video
08 March 2023Video
SafeGuard Protection Plan – FAQ
01 December 2021pdf 0.55MB
SafeGuard Protection Plan – One-pager
01 December 2021pdf 0.84MB
SafeGuard Protection Plan – Brochure
01 December 2021pdf 1.14MB
01 May 2019pdf 0.66MB
IBIS (Integrated Ballistic Identification System)
01 May 2019pdf 6.29MB
A Brief 30-Year History of IBIS
02 August 2022
NIBIN Toolkit for Prosecutors
10 June 2021pdf 3.23MB
Building a Preventive Crime Gun Strategy: A Playbook for Success
01 July 2019
Exhibit Acquisitions: Double Dipping is Bad (Except When It’s Good)
01 November 2018
Decreasing the Backlog to meet the needs of Law Enforcement
01 November 2018