The IBIS® Solution – Integrated Ballistic Identification System
IBIS is a technological weapon in the fight against gun violence. The IBIS search engine extends the capabilities of law enforcement agencies to quickly find links between firearm-related crimes.
How it works
- IBIS uses specialized 3D microscopy to capture the unique marks left by firearms on fired bullets and cartridge cases.
- An IBIS solution can start with one location and can extend to multiple sites, all contributing seamlessly within an integrated network.
- IBIS makes it possible for agencies to collaborate across jurisdictions, both within a national program and internationally.
- IBIS uses powerful algorithms to reveal the most likely matches within IBIS networks representing millions of bullets and cartridge cases.
- High-definition 3D viewing makes it easy to review the top search results, ranked by similarity, by using virtual microscopy to visually compare surface details.
- A match found in IBIS is often sufficiently apparent to provide an investigative lead, without having access to the physical evidence.
- If required for court testimony, an IBIS match can be formally confirmed by a firearm examiner.
Need to get in touch?
Request Product Demo / Information
Thank you for your enquiry. One of our team will respond shortly.
Sorry, it seems there was an error submitting your form. Please contact us at [email protected] where our team will be happy to assist with your enquiry.
The IBIS® Solution
A Brief 30-Year History of IBIS
NIBIN Toolkit for Prosecutorspdf 3.23MB
Building a Preventive Crime Gun Strategy: A Playbook for Success
Exhibit Acquisitions: Double Dipping is Bad (Except When It’s Good)
Decreasing the Backlog to meet the needs of Law Enforcement
Are you cutting off the ends of the ham?
Tastes great! Solves homicides! Prevents shootings!
Making Ghost Guns a Little Less Scary
Cast firing pins: what to look out for
Hiring the right people for IBIS: sometimes, finding the best person means going against your best instincts
The Importance of Interdependence
Developing an Effective Strategy to Review Correlation Results: a Lesson in Cost-Benefit Analysis