High-resolution 2D images and precise 3D topography offer remarkable viewing capabilities and useful alternatives when analyzing cartridge case and bullet markings.
An extensive array of viewers and functions assist with the identification of similar candidates. High-level analysis of correlation results and visual comparisons allow rapid elimination of non-matches. Powerful visualization tools go beyond conventional comparison microscopes to ease the recognition of high-confidence matches. Indeed, MATCHPOINT increases identification success rates while reducing efforts required for ultimate confirmations.
Bullets acquired using BULLETTRAX are viewed as sharply focused, continuous wraparound images. BULLETTRAX can even produce an image strip in 2D, 3D or a mix of both. This simplifies comparison of damaged bullets and is useful for high-level phase alignment before comparing finer markings. The combination of the enhanced surface markings and realistic bullet shape reduce efforts to locate and highlight key markings on bearing surfaces of polygonal and smoothbore bullets.
Cartridge cases acquired using BRASSTRAX are viewed based on multiple regions of interest in 2D, 3D or a mix of both. Indeed, one or more region can hold the key to finding a match. 3D information provides remarkable advantages for comparison of cartridge cases.
- Cartridge case side-by-side viewer
- Cartridge Case MultiViewer
- 3D enhancements
- Independent regions of interest
- Bullet side-by-side viewer
- Bullet MultiViewer
- Bullet shape viewing
- Cross-section profiles
- Score analysis
- Reports and printouts
- “Reshaping” of a deformed bullet to more closely resemble a pristine reference bullet
- Printouts of information screens, viewer screens, and images
- Reports with generic and custom templates
- Variety of output formats
- Generate manual correlation requests
- Search and view case and exhibit information