The Projectina VisionX is the first and only comparison microscope to integrate with IBIS® (Integrated Ballistic Identification System), making it the most powerful and effective ballistics analysis and confirmation tool in the industry.
And with years of superior optical expertise behind its design, VisionX provides unprecedented comfort and clarity—a difference you can feel as well as see.
VisionX uniquely combines comparison microscope technology with ballistic identification technology for confident results. With the capability to integrate crime scene evidence with forensic lab scrutiny, VisionX is the most powerful ballistics analysis and confirmation tool in the industry.
Available in three configurations:
- With multiuser support
- Integrated with IBIS® (Integrated Ballistic Identification System)
- Clear, simultaneous viewing through the binoculars or on-screen with the live camera
- Synchronized, three-step magnification refocus or recenter over the entire range of magnification
- Centralized lighting console
- Synchronized, reproducible lighting
- Motorized stages
- Flexible lighting placement
- Quick and easy swapping of accessories
- Motorized height adjustment and constant 30-degree viewing angle
- Superior stability while delivering a clean, uncluttered work area
- Unprecedented working distance
Motorized Universal Holder
The VisionX Motorized Universal Holder provides freedom of rotation on three axes for full remote control of bullets, cartridge cases and more.
The Spacemouse® controller provides intuitive, ergonomic control of all movements. This allows the examiner to maintain comfortable hand, wrist and elbow position without ever having to look away from the binocular or screen.
SpaceMouse® is a registered trademark of 3DConnexion
Precise, motorized control of evidence allows the examiner to:
- Rotate a bullet or cartridge case a full 360 degrees
- Tilt to adjust for reflectance and examine uneven surfaces such as damaged bullets and fragments
- Twist to line up rifling marks and other striations
- Translate in X and Y planes to position evidence
- Focus using coarse, fine and super fine controls
- One-touch button to jump to the next LEA/GEA on a bullet to confirm matching areas more quickly and easily.
- Orient cartridge case headstamp according to established protocols, and store that position for easy recall after viewing other regions of interest.
- Tilt cartridge case and rotate the surface area to view extractor and chamber marks.
- Easily synchronize on left and right sides to rotate evidence simultaneously.
- Accepts other VisionX mounting accessories such as brush mounts for cartridge cases and plasticine mounts for fragments.
- Includes a range of BULLETTRAX-compatible magnetized tips in different sizes.
- Allows remote-operator complete control over evidence rotation and positioning.
- Less local-operator manipulation allows for seamless remote confirmation of bullet or cartridge case matches.
- Facilitates training opportunities and peer reviews.