The world’s most advanced bullet acquisition station
The BULLETTRAX acquisition station enables entry of bullet information onto an IBIS network.
BULLETTRAX captures high-resolution 2D images and 3D topographic information of bullet lands and grooves. It produces an image strip representing the full 360-degree circumference of the bullet, or a combination of regions from bullet fragments. The acquisition process is fully automated after an initial user setup. This reduces the amount of operator-training required, and produces consistent image quality. Algorithms rotate and move the bullet to precisely capture its surface markings and shape at optimal focus and lighting settings.
- High-resolution 2D images and accurate 3D topography at the nanometer level
- Damaged bullet and fragment capability
- 360-degree wraparound
- Universal cartridge case holder
- Automated surface deformation tracking
- Automated shoulder delimiter placement
- Hands-off operation allows multitasking
- Cut or button rifling, polygonal rifling, and smoothbore
- Full range of calibers, from .17 to .50