The world’s most advanced bullet acquisition station
The BULLETTRAX acquisition station enables entry of bullet information onto an IBIS network.
BULLETTRAX captures high-resolution 2D images and 3D topographic information of a bullet’s lands and grooves. It produces an image strip representing a bullet’s 360-degree circumference or a combination of regions from bullet fragments. The acquisition process is fully automated after an initial user setup. This reduces the operator’s required training level and produces consistent image quality. Complex algorithms track the bullet’s surface by rotating and moving the bullet, and precisely capture its markings and shape at optimal focus and lighting settings.
- High-resolution 2D images and accurate 3D topography at the nanometer level
- Damaged bullet and fragment capability
- 360-degree wraparound
- Universal cartridge case holder
- Automated surface deformation tracking
- Automated shoulder delimiter placement
- Hands-off operation allows multitasking
- Cut or button rifling, polygonal rifling, and smoothbore
- Full range of calibers: .17 to .50